Is the Denali grille (2016) aluminum or plastic? Best aftermarket options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bardog

Reaction score
I might paint my grille or replace it, so I have a few questions I'm hoping the board can kindly answer...bear with me, ha.

1. Is the 2016 Denali grille aluminum or plastic?

2a. Has anyone switched out the factory grille for an ABS plastic grille like this?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GLOSSY-BLA...ash=item56a972c381:g:JWoAAOSwfoNachU9&vxp=mtr

2b. Would it be better to get an aluminum billet grille instead?

3. What are grille overlays like (a black one, for example)?

I'm guessing they are cheap and cheap-looking.

4. Is painting the factory grille the best option? And in that case, as far as removing it...

...I've seen a few threads that seem to show people cutting the factory grille out!, in order to switch out their grille for an aftermarket or Denali grille (or to paint it), which honestly looks like a hack job to me and isn't something I would want to do. I think I've also seen a few write-ups that used a different install method, that probably was more tedious and involved clips/tabs. Can someone, or a few people, clarify?

Thanks!

Lushan Silva

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am wondering the same here. The same grille is on my watch list. If anyone can post pics would be awesome. Mine is a 16 Yukon XL Denali Tricoat White

bamachem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Denali OEM Grille is Plastic. I painted mine on the truck. Very carefully masked everything off and took my time. Originally did it with Plastidip to see if I liked the look. Wasn't very durable, so a few weeks later I peeled all that off and went with a satin black enamel.

16-Denali.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo