Is it worth the price difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zero8 Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Below is the email exchange between myself and the Arnott representative. I reached out to them because the rear springs and shocks look different in the photos. I knew the shocks were different but my concern was the difference in the springs. The value kit from RockAuto is $372.99 and the regular kit is $662.79. If the sole difference between the 2 packages is the shocks, is the higher priced kit worth the additional $290?

ME: I'm considering either C-3184 or C-2835 for my 2008 GMC Yukon Denali short wheel base. What are the part lists for each of those and what specifically is the difference in the springs?

ARNOTT: Hi Danny, thank you for your recent interest GMC Non XL conversion kits. In reference to your question, with our part number C-2835, the shocks have standard valving and will be ideal for a customer who wants to keep the cost down. The other kit part number C-3184 is valved with firmer dampening for a sportier ride. Both kits will include all 4 shocks, our EBM – Electronic Bypass Module, and a set of rear heavy-duty coil springs. Please note that you’ll have to transfer your existing front coil springs to the new front shocks with both kits.

ME: So the rear springs are the same in each kit?

ARNOTT: Yes sir, the rear coil springs are the same. Just the shock absorber valving with each kit is the biggest difference.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
twin tube vs "edelbrock" monotube shocks is what I see. They used to use bilsteins in their premium ones.

Buy once cry once imho. Or if you want to cheap out just delete air ride completely