iPod Unit for 04 Denali yet??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just finished installing the USA Spec unit in my 04 Tahoe 20 mins ago. Good unit. Some others say you might lose your disc changer or xm functions. This model plus in to the back of the oem head unit and then a separate harness plugs into the xm receiver.

mine is controlled off of XM1. XM2 is still my regular XM radio and everything else works fine. you can control it through the head unit, the steering wheel, or the ipod itself. it also charges the ipod. im really happy with it.

everything was pretty straigh fwd install. getting the head unit back in place was a PITA b/c of the extra wires back there. i ended up removing the ac controls, re installing the head unit, and then putting the ac back in. the biggest headache was getting the XM receiver down from behind the glove box. i had to man handle the piece the holds it...ended up bending it up but who cares what it looks like. another harness plugs in to the xm and goes to the USA Spec box.

i plan on ordering a nice iphone dash mount from crutchfield tomorrow. i recommend this unit if you want to keep your oem stereo and use your ipod/iphone.

HedleyLamarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
awesome, let me know how it works for you

well a little bit of blood, sweat and frustration later and I have it in....gonna take some getting used to for the controls but it sounds perfect

I just hope after I roll down the road there's no rattling because I sure as hell don't want to take all that back out and do it again...I was going to try to strap the unit down but there just wasn't anything to strap it to other than the metal strut behind the head unit and there wasn't a good way to do that so it's just kinda sitting in there

OK, now I'm off to find my Neosporin for all the cuts and scrapes on my wrists...heh

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i used some industrial velcro and mounted the ipod unit above the glovebox behind the dash. i didnt want the unit anywhere near the radio in case there was some interference

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well a little bit of blood, sweat and frustration later and I have it in....gonna take some getting used to for the controls but it sounds perfect

I just hope after I roll down the road there's no rattling because I sure as hell don't want to take all that back out and do it again...I was going to try to strap the unit down but there just wasn't anything to strap it to other than the metal strut behind the head unit and there wasn't a good way to do that so it's just kinda sitting in there

OK, now I'm off to find my Neosporin for all the cuts and scrapes on my wrists...heh

haha ya I got a couple of scrapes, kind of hard not to. Ya I installed it this summer, and didnt strap it down, and I havent heard it rattle or anything so you should be fine

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update:
PXAMG (gm5)
Just installed mine while I was waiting for my son to get out of school.
EDIT: 3/13/10

And I just discovered that I CAN access the ipod/aux in on the headphone jacks in the rear. I can skip forward and back on the ipod with the rear controls IF the head unit is on radio or CD.

I was playing around today with my 3 year old, who is a BIG fan of 'Boom Boom POW" by B.E.P., and had two sets of head phones... long story short as I was changing rear modes to turn the CD on for him while I listened to ipod up front, I stumbled across the Ipod audio, though the REAR display still showed the last radio station tuned.

ie 104.3 came up TWICE, once with Ipod audio and Ipod skip forward/back control, and once as Fm radio.

it shows up as a radio station but the audio IS Ipod or aux (which ever the head unit last specified).

You can not Use Aux in the rear and Ipod up front, but you can access it.
You can not select playlists etc from the rear controls, but you can switch them upfront for the rear passenger and then they can skip tracks themselves.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse