Ipad mini install 2006 Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

CheatCodeSlim

Reaction score
Question Is the 03-06 dash shaped the exact same as 99-02 dash specifically where the console meets the dash? My goal is Too put in a 03-06 console . I am Doing a 12.4" Galaxy tab S7 tablet indash with a custom made acrylic kit radio and climate control must be moved out of the bezel . This is why I'm asking about a swap in which the newer consoles already relocate everything.

I personally would like to know if I can use 03-06 style center console in place of my 01 console.
The only reason is too strictly have the climate heater controls lower in the console like the 03-06 uses if the wiring and vaccum linea are the same and I can just plug into 2006 climate panel. Or just relocate my 01" climate panel in the same place as the 06" ??
Any insight too direct swap or making this happen would be cool
As far as I've seen, the 99-03 dash bezel is actually shorter (top to bottom) by maybe an inch or so. I can put a 2000 Chevy bezel on my 06 no problem, it just won't sit like it should with the 06 center console. I moved the ac controls to the lower pocket of the center console so that I could put my cd player there.

Can you post any pics of the tablet or kit in front of the dash?

If by console you mean the whole center part (armrest, cup holders, lower pockets and cig lighters) then yes I believe you can swap the 06 style in there. The ac control is a different story. I don't know if you can go from a 2000 to a 2004. I don't know if the plugs are even the same.

All of the ac controls regardless of year were in the same place, under the factory radio. (I think)

Aaron81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna have to lower mine from the bezel down into my factory console area ...in which I've listed a pic of 99-02 style ... and just cut out the dimensions and recess from behind the OEM climate panel . And then below that cut out spot for my single din cage . I can make any type of brackets from the backside and Plasti weld .

If the 03-06 or 04-06 style "ENTIRE Console isn't gonna seam correctly or contour and fit flush too the dash I'm my 01' it isn't gonna look right on top of the issue with the 03-06 style climate panel not being compatible with my plugs .
Below is 99-02 like I have . If you look at the pocket and the flip door that can be cut out easily and fitted with the climate panel and a radio . It just would been easier to swap too the style that had the HVAC opening in the console .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220110-220921.jpg
    Screenshot_20220110-220921.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 3

Aaron81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is just how I did my 10.2" ipad in my s10. I relocated the climate panel up and flush mount behind the tablet and fabbed the Radio below in the factory location for the climate panel.IMG_20220103_171011.jpg

OP
OP
C

CheatCodeSlim

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna have to lower mine from the bezel down into my factory console area ...in which I've listed a pic of 99-02 style ... and just cut out the dimensions and recess from behind the OEM climate panel . And then below that cut out spot for my single din cage . I can make any type of brackets from the backside and Plasti weld .

If the 03-06 or 04-06 style "ENTIRE Console isn't gonna seam correctly or contour and fit flush too the dash I'm my 01' it isn't gonna look right on top of the issue with the 03-06 style climate panel not being compatible with my plugs .
Below is 99-02 like I have . If you look at the pocket and the flip door that can be cut out easily and fitted with the climate panel and a radio . It just would been easier to swap too the style that had the HVAC opening in the console .
I've seen people move the HVAC and cdplayer down to that spot before and I looks decent. I think it would look better using an 03-06 escalade center console like this
Screenshot_20220111-005033_Chrome.jpg

Mine used to look like this
Screenshot_20220111-005153_Chrome.jpg
If you look at both pics, notice the plastic lip above the center pocket section. If you use the 2000-03 dash bezel, then more of that lip will be exposed versus an 04-06 bezel. I personally like the 04-06 center console, I feel more can be done with it. In your case tho, with a 12.4 in pad, you'd do best moving both down to the bottom and if at all possible, try and find an 04-05 dash bezel for the extra lower room.
It's hard to tell the difference until you swap from the older to newer. Do you see the slight differences.
Screenshot_20220111-011211_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220111-011400_Chrome.jpg

I have an 02 bezel around here somewhere. I'll tray and take pics of the differeces.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-005033_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220111-005033_Chrome.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 4

Aaron81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In the case of The bezel style differences that will end up making no difference the entire area "inside being all the black colored area has to be removed literally leaves the outer edge a shell . 12.4 inch removes all the black plus some of the gray in order too fit the acrylic slider kit .
Same scenario Steve Meade did for his.... if you watch his install on YouTube . The consoles I do like the squared off look on the Escalade style . I might even go one better and build me one from 1/2" birch wood . And make a new climate panel a radio face area that will sit higher and angled the way I need it and maybe add a center subwoofer and use my stainless l.e.d cup holders i have around. 100 $ materials 4 days work vs 350$ new console ...it's a toss up .
But that's some good information you shared.
If you know anything about the factory sub location and what powers that I'm having issue with the one I have .. I bought truck that way . It has a Sony Xplode 8" replacement. But no sound comes out.
I have a topic up for this also.
thanks .

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CheatCodeSlim

Reaction score
The bezel style makes no difference the entire area that has to be removed literally leaves the outer edge a shell . 12.4 inch removes all the black plus some of the gray in order too fit the acrylic slider kit .
Same scenario Steve Meade did for his if you watch his install on YouTube . The console I like the squared off look on the Escalade style . I might even go one better and build me one from 1/2" birch wood . And make that whole climate panel a radio face the way I need it and maybe add a center subwoofer and use my stainless l.e.d cup holders i have around. 100 $ materials 4 days work vs 350$ new console ...it's a toss up .
But that's some good information you shared.
If you know anything about the factory sub location and what powers that I'm having issue with the one I have .. I bought truck that way . It has a Sony Xplode 8" replacement. But no sound comes out.
I have a topic up for this also.
thanks .
It's all about what you want do. If you're planning on an tablet that big then the 06 bezel give you a little more meat to work with. True it will all be cut away but I like to preserve a lil bit of the material just for the integrity. But yea, make one out of birch, it may give me other ideas lll

As far as the sub in the center console, there should be a factory Amp under the console. I still have the factory sub hooked up as well as a 12 in the back and components in all the doors. The sub and components work off the 2 amps and the factory sub still runs off of the factory Amp. You have to find the 2 wires for the sub. I'd have to take my console out and see which wires they are.

OP
OP
C

CheatCodeSlim

Reaction score
Reprinted a couple parts and this is just mock up. The black piece allows me to put a cdplayer there and the blue is simply a pocket. (00-03 SUV)
20220113_005106.jpg20220113_005129.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907