Intermittent issue Bcm/ecm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with them or read about folks having trouble with them but anything can happen George. That's called the Body Wiring Harness Junction Block, 20813086.

It comes apart, so maybe a circuit needs resoldering inside?
You know how to open this bad boy up?

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp was fine since last Saturday acted up for a second then went back to normal right around the corner from my house soooopo frustrating I had high hopes for this

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should double back and check wires around this area because this is the second time, it seems like heavy bass seem to activate the problem, and once I wiggled wires/slap the box, it went away

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this morning while I am dropping my son off at school, we were waiting for the door to open so I cut the car off but left it in the on position so that means it was no vibration to make anything become loose or anything of the sort. So it happened again And wiggling wires didn’t seem to work this time. It went away, but the only codes that came up this time was the usual u0073 lost communication . But what was new was the fuel pump control module (p069E) was singled out along with that u0073 so I’m guessing a bad fuel pump control module could also make the whole canvas system act up? I just never knew these things could act up intermittently. Thinking about ordering one of these. I did see a video where one was rusted up and was causing the same issues.

Edit: just looking thru old pics and records and I see that I also got a u0109 code before ( lost communication with fuel pump control module )

Last edited:
OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s an update: it’s been about 2 maybe three weeks and I’ve had no issues I did order the fuel pump control module and it’s still sitting in the box but what I did was take off the connector put some grease on it and put it back. It didn’t look loose, but maybe it was loose enough to cause intermittent issues. And I had re-seated it when I put it back if I can get a full month, I will consider it fixed and maybe consider getting a refund on this module?

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update the last time this issue acted up was around march 9th and has not since acted up once I unplugged fuel control module connected and reconnected it, I guess it was slightly out of place maybe that’s why it acted up on hard bumps and intermittently. I’ll say this case had been solved, sucks I spent unnecessary money but glad it’s fixed ‍♂️

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an update the last time this issue acted up was around march 9th and has not since acted up once I unplugged fuel control module connected and reconnected it, I guess it was slightly out of place maybe that’s why it acted up on hard bumps and intermittently. I’ll say this case had been solved, sucks I spent unnecessary money but glad it’s fixed ‍♂️
That's great news, George! Fingers crossed that you got it this time. Thanks for following up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore