Intermittent A/C issue related to voltmeter gage change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been reading a couple of threads where they replace the big fuse that’s mounted to the firewall close to the battery fixing problems with the voltage drop.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
32psi is the low pressure side, not the high pressure side. You will need grownup tools and knowledge to adequately pressure test both sides.

OP
OP
KATfishing

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all - Just reporting back to this thread for the archive. The AC problem finally revealed itself in the fullest as I was pulling our camper on a 4-hour trip in WI. The clutch locked up solid and the AC belt began its loud, smelly decomposition. Nothing like being on the road pulling a load to completely lose AC in 90+ humid weather, also to wonder if something more was going on with the noise and burn smell. After pulling over and lifting the hood for a visual inspection, decided to continue on. Thankfully, it was contained to AC system. This time, we let the trusted GMC dealer replace the compressor/clutch, tensioner and belt. It's blowing cold and running great now. Speaking of blowing, it was $145 diagnostic + $1,500 parts and labor -- all OEM, but it's fixed. I also had them fulfill a recall claim on the airbag replacement. Related/unrelated, my airbag light had come on a few weeks ago, and it coded as the Left Front Impact Sensor, of which they quoted $530. While I paid another $145 diagnostic fee that was part of the quote (didn't have a scanner that reader SRS) to learn that, I made myself feel better by buying the sensor for $70 from Autozone and installed it myself. Light off! Regarding the AC clutch, I'm thinking it must have begun failing when symptoms first came about. As always, I appreciate all your thoughts and perspectives when trouble shooting. THANK YOU!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie