Intermitent Electrical Problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Yukon XL 2WD

I have had certain times the vehicle would go completely dead and have NO power whatsoever.

No PDL function, gauges, etc. I did find it strange that once, even though EVERYTHING was DEAD, the GPS when plugged into the outlet would work and power on.

This Obviously meant the Battery was good.

The dealer also checked this out a few times and as in the usual fashion, they were useless on a intermittent problem.

The last time this issue happened I had a assistant keep watch on the interior lights while I beat on stuff under the hood.

In my systematic beating and pulling, I came to the negative battery cable. Two light tugs on it woke the truck up instantly.

I ordered the Negative battery cable from Amazon and it came in a few days ago. Today I went to install it.

Tracing the cable from the BATT (-), I Came to the realization that one of the Sumbixh ground wires runs all the way to the front of the truck where the front Tow Hooks are.

Well actually up from there on the frame by the Body Mount.

What I later saw somewhat amazed me.

The GROUND WIRE was pinched in the body mount.

I had to loosen the mount to release the wire. It was squished bad.

za2e3uge.jpg

ana9e3yv.jpg

u8e6apy5.jpg

ry9ybypa.jpg

New wire and routed properly.

unygynu6.jpg

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez Lee, why u so mad u pinch wire on purpose?

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work! Now lets get her cleaned up under there :joke:

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most dealer techs = useless post high school kids

I was pretty disappointed with both of my dealer service experiences that I've had so far with my ride. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick