Intermitent Electrical Problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackJare9455

Reaction score
I was pretty disappointing with both of my dealer service experiences that I've had so far with my ride. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

I only take my vehicles into the shop for the free oil changes for life program they have. They use the AC Delco syn blend oil... and I bring my own filter..

I liked the additive package on the AC Delco oil, so I decided to save a few bucks from doing my own Mobile 1 oil changes.

Other than that... I wont let them replace my air filter.

seatown

Reaction score
Hello,
I am having the same type of electrical issue many many people have with their yukon/tahoe/cadilacs, luckily I haven't experienced anything while driving.

I have a 2009 Yukon SLT, and intermittently the truck will go completely dead, and I cannot start it unluck it, etc after it has been turned off. My difference is I think I have an issue with my (+) positive terminal. If the truck is completely dead, I put the key in the ignition and turn it on --nothing-- when I wiggle my (-) nothing happens, but when I wiggle my (+) wire right near the battery, the system starts.

I can't see any major issues with my wires, and the fact wiggling it right near the battery leads me to believe the terminal might be bad. The connection seems solid though and nothing feels very loose.

The battery and alternator are good.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hello,
I am having the same type of electrical issue many many people have with their yukon/tahoe/cadilacs, luckily I haven't experienced anything while driving.

I have a 2009 Yukon SLT, and intermittently the truck will go completely dead, and I cannot start it unluck it, etc after it has been turned off. My difference is I think I have an issue with my (+) positive terminal. If the truck is completely dead, I put the key in the ignition and turn it on --nothing-- when I wiggle my (-) nothing happens, but when I wiggle my (+) wire right near the battery, the system starts.

I can't see any major issues with my wires, and the fact wiggling it right near the battery leads me to believe the terminal might be bad. The connection seems solid though and nothing feels very loose.

The battery and alternator are good.

Many times this turns out to be corrosion inside the cable. It it a fairly common problem with the stock cables.

seatown

Reaction score
Many times this turns out to be corrosion inside the cable. It it a fairly common problem with the stock cables.
Ok, I think my first step will be replacing the positive cable&terminal from the battery to the master fuse.
cable.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods