Intermediate Sluggish Performance, Advice Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redferrett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pretty new to the forum, but I can't find a thread that addresses the exact issue I am having, so here goes nothing...

I bought my 96' Yukon a little over a year ago. Love the heck out of it. It's been a great investment. There is a problem however. In any weather, season or condition, before the truck warms up, it feels like it's slow. It feels under-powered on takeoff. It sounds like it's straining really hard to just keep up with traffic. If I had to describe it to someone, I would say it sounds and feels like it's pushing a dozen AC compressors. If I drive it normally for a few minutes, its almost like the "dozen AC compressors" just fade away and it starts operating smoothly. I would say it's because it's warmed up, but that isn't the case. I can pull up to a red light, and upon takeoff I notice she's straining again! If i cold start it in the morning, get out on the highway, and punch it, the "dozen AC Compressors" go away more quickly, but always return.http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/images/smilies/driver.gif

I have no idea what the issue is, so I have changed the plugs and wires, threw a K&N at it, replaced the throttle position sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel relay, new mufflers, and did the silencer box removal stuff. Nothing has changed. Thanks in advance for any direction/advice!
mail

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you done the spider injection? Mine was sluggish prior to this

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the cap and rotor as well as ignition coil and control modular, control modular was mine a few years ago.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
check local auto stores to see what they offer. and amazon for some good ones if they are not to pricey. concerned that perhaps a defective temp sensor for the tranny fluid or engine is effecting line pressure in tranny.

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd do the cap and rotor, plugs, and spider injector. all pretty cheap components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n