Interior Lighting Issue, 1993 2-door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapping door panels to a 95-98 style, and ran across a small lighting issue that I wanted to get some input on.

I always figured that the bulbs were burned out in the old '93 square style window switches. When I went to test the wires to connect them to the '95 style switches, I only got about .05 volts when the running lights/headlights were on. All the dash lighting works as it should.

Anybody have any ideas, or possibly a wiring diagram for the '93s? TIA! :Handshake:

OP
OP
M

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gray switches to pink/black at the drivers kick. From there it connects to the convenience panel. Only .10 volts there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
You actually like the newer style door panels? I preffer my 94 interior its not bulky and its better built imo. Also the fitment of the door panel to dash isnt gonna be oem looking. But maybe you had bad lights? Mine have never blown out

OP
OP
M

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i prefer the more modern 95+ panels. The old ones were falling apart every time the doors got shut, and the red interior was just dated. New seats are already in, and the dash is next! The bulbs in the old ones were finally shot, but even new bulbs wouldn't light up with under one volt.

OP
OP
M

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess would be the splice behind the switch. I moved the wire to the unused rear hvac lighting circuit location in the convenience panel and everything works now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n