Interior LED swap Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started On the swap yesterday, and am having a couple issues...

Got the rear window switches done without a hitch, but when it comes to disassembling the front driver and passenger window switch boxes I've had no luck at all. First off I make sure to unseat all the tabs holding the top and bottom of the boxes together. Once thats done I try to pry the box apart but it will not come apart. I've had luck getting either the front or the back almost off, but I'm thrashing the plastic on these guys. It seems like there is a connection on the inside holding them together, and I'm at wits end here. Any help or pointers would be appreciated....

Just for kicks, does anyone know if i can pull out the seat heater switches to put an LED behind each without removing the entire door panel?

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
Make sure that you remove the switch covers (the part that you actually push to unlock the doors or roll down the windows). Take a small flat head screwdriver and pry up and out on one side of each switch cover. Then continue to do what you were doing to get the body apart.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started On the swap yesterday, and am having a couple issues...

Got the rear window switches done without a hitch, but when it comes to disassembling the front driver and passenger window switch boxes I've had no luck at all. First off I make sure to unseat all the tabs holding the top and bottom of the boxes together. Once thats done I try to pry the box apart but it will not come apart. I've had luck getting either the front or the back almost off, but I'm thrashing the plastic on these guys. It seems like there is a connection on the inside holding them together, and I'm at wits end here. Any help or pointers would be appreciated....

Just for kicks, does anyone know if i can pull out the seat heater switches to put an LED behind each without removing the entire door panel?

for the front window switches, you need to take the door panel off. there is a bolt that holds the front of the switch in there. soooo, while you have the door panel off, you might as well take out the seat warmer switches as well. ;)

OP
OP
HitandRunDriver

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the front window switches, you need to take the door panel off. there is a bolt that holds the front of the switch in there. soooo, while you have the door panel off, you might as well take out the seat warmer switches as well. ;)

Didn't have to take the entire door panel out for the window switches...And thanks to diffrnt's advice, I just finished up all the window and lock switches, gonna stop here for a break and post some pics in a while

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't have to take the entire door panel out for the window switches...And thanks to diffrnt's advice, I just finished up all the window and lock switches, gonna stop here for a break and post some pics in a while

hmm, so you were able to get the switch out from the bezel without taking out that screw in the front?

OP
OP
HitandRunDriver

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, there were two screws that held my bezel to the box with all the controls. That was no big deal.....although the seat heater control is another story

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, there were two screws that held my bezel to the box with all the controls. That was no big deal.....although the seat heater control is another story

damn, in my 04 i had to take off the door panel to get the window switch out.

the seater heater switch, you might be able to reach up there enough to push it out.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, yeah wait till you get to the a/c controls. that one was a bit of a pain. i did mine in blue and need to take some pics of it all.

one thing i wish i had was a 12v bench power supply. that would help with checking for polarity.