Interior electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything was working fine now I have no power windows no power locks no radio gas thermostat battery oil pressure or transmission temperature gauge what is here your dome lights don't work but the map lights do I've checked all fuses and relays I have power to the driver side window switches driver side power mirror still works passenger side does not
Diagnostic port does not work
Information center says driver unknown and when I turn the vehicle back off I sometimes get odd codes numbers or just random pixels
04 Denali XL
I've been troubleshooting this for a day-and-a-half any advice would be greatly appreciated I do have an after-market radio that I've completely removed and continue to have the same

16192238608341445261576760269420.jpg

Last edited:

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
Disconnect the battery and touch the terminal ends together. Not on the battery. The disconnected positive and negative cables. It will wipe out the memory. Hook it back up and see what happens. If it doesn't know the driver, then you have something going on with the key and the steering hub. I suspect you have several problems. A cheap scanner won't find it. The cluster may need to be resoldered. It's common for the solder joints to crack. Make sure you check all fuses and relays. This is just a start.

OP
OP
druiddonn

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disconnect the battery and touch the terminal ends together. Not on the battery. The disconnected positive and negative cables. It will wipe out the memory. Hook it back up and see what happens. If it doesn't know the driver, then you have something going on with the key and the steering hub. I suspect you have several problems. A cheap scanner won't find it. The cluster may need to be resoldered. It's common for the solder joints to crack. Make sure you check all fuses and relays. This is just a start.

Thank you all my research and troubleshooting so far has led me to believe it's either something in the key or the body control module

OP
OP
druiddonn

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try that and now I have no power at all
Letting it sit for 20 minutes disconnected hopefully that will solve this new problem

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
Try that and now I have no power at all
Letting it sit for 20 minutes disconnected hopefully that will solve this new problem
If you're without power after a hard reset, you may have blown a big fuse. That's not the normal reaction to a battery disconnect. BCM may be a problem, but you'd see some communication errors crop up on a scan. That's another reason you can't use a cheap scanner. They don't address can buss issues that are prevalent with BCM problems as well as instrument problems.

OP
OP
druiddonn

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're without power after a hard reset, you may have blown a big fuse. That's not the normal reaction to a battery disconnect. BCM may be a problem, but you'd see some communication errors crop up on a scan. That's another reason you can't use a cheap scanner. They don't address can buss issues that are prevalent with BCM problems as well as instrument problems.
I jump started it and got it running the radio came on for a minute or two but no sound out the speakers still no communication from the diagnostic port diagnostic port does power on the scanner

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on your descriptions, Check your battery cables and Battery, then fuses. Something possibly unplugged/loose under dash on BCM harness. No OBD port power is hint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts