Interior console trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is related to my other sunroof post, but I think its different enough to warrant its own thread and didn't want to muddy water there with other things.

Can anyone tell me if a sunroof was a standard option a 03 Tahoe LT? My understanding is that it was. The reason I ask is that while we were getting my headliner in over the weekend, I was putting in the overhead console with the rear fan controls and light pods and such and it seems like that the points for it to clip into on the underside of the roof were not there. This raised the question that did someone add the sunroof after the fact because the overhead console was being secured with a screw through the sunroof opening to a piece of the sheet metal that was attached to the inside of the console. Sorry I don't have a picture it right now so you can actually see what's going on here.

OP
OP
Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think even without having a sunroof though, this part of my VIN breakdown indicates that there should be an overhead console for the rear HVAC controls anyway.

Air conditioning, tri-zone, automatic, individual climate settings for driver, right front passenger & rear passengers-inc: front & rear HVAC systems

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What do you mean by "standard" option? One that is included with the LT, or an optional sunroof that can be ordered without other options?

OP
OP
Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But even if the sunroof is taken out of the equation, why does it seem like I'm missing the points for the overhead console to attach to?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Searching for the RPO Code for sunroof, I managed to find the RPO: CF5. Does your glovebox show this? I’ll check mine, to see if I have that RPO, as mine does have a factory sunroof..

ETA: I do have the CF5 RPO. So pretty sure that’s what you’re looking for to confirm if it was built with the sunroof: CF5.

OP
OP
Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, think this is starting to make sense. I don't have code CF5 as one of my RPO codes so someone at some point must have added the sunroof. This seems to explain some of what I was coming across when I originally pulled the headliner. The way it was supported at the front of the vehicle just did not look at all factory. It also would explain why my overhead console was molested the way it was to hold it in place. It also looked the hole for the switch was cut out with a dremel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71