Intake Gasket? or Head gasket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsteele

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A little back story. The truck just had the heater control valve and hoses replaced due to them leaking coolant. Mechanic said that now that it wasn't leaking it would increase pressure and find any weak spots in system.
On the way to work this morning the truck died. When I tried to recrank it it turned over and and made a clank. I checked the oil and it's full of coolant.
Do you think it's intake gasket blown or am I screwed and it's a head gasket?
If it's intake gasket what am I looking at from mechanic price wise?
Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

I forgot to add 96 tahoe vortec 5.7

99Yukon4x4

Reaction score
I just had my intake gaskets done, new radiator, oil cooler lines and upper and lower hoses for $1850. Not sure of the break down yet.

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my intake gaskets done, new radiator, oil cooler lines and upper and lower hoses for $1850. Not sure of the break down yet.

Ouch that labor hurts. I could have one that myself for around 3 to 400

99Yukon4x4

Reaction score
Yup. Parts was 650 and the rest labor. But, I've known the shop that did the work, and with being out on workmans comp I cant really do all that in my driveway. The rest of work needed is waiting until spring time and I can do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman