Instrument cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antonio757

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe and the fuel gauge doesn’t work. I’ve put in 2 new fuel pumps and still nothing. At this point I believe it is the instrument cluster. I’ve had no luck at finding a replacement or even someone to repair it. Any advice concerning this issue is greatly appreciate!!!

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to find a diagnostic tool that display fuel level to see if it's the gauge or something else.

I recently reached out to a place called United Radio on the cluster on my 04 suburban that has a parasitic battery draw. They said $185 to $350 to fix and sent me a return label. I'll ship it out soon.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my speedo quits working some times. a rap on the dash brings it back to life, so im likely gonna send it out to this ebay listing over winter when im off work.

if your up to it, you can change the stepper motors. they are sold on ebay as well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe and the fuel gauge doesn’t work. I’ve put in 2 new fuel pumps and still nothing. At this point I believe it is the instrument cluster. I’ve had no luck at finding a replacement or even someone to repair it. Any advice concerning this issue is greatly appreciate!!!
check your local craigslist or facebook ad's there are people all over that fix clusters as a side gig, probably get same day service

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, if you have a buddy with a 2002 GMC Sierra, Yukon, or Yukon XL; Chevy Avalanche or Silverado (ANY Silverado), Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT, Escalade SUT -- you could temporarily swap clusters to check them out. I bet there are some other vehicles of that year that share the cluster, but I couldn't tell you, for sure (maybe the full size vans?).

OP
OP
A

Antonio757

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my fuel gauge mysteriously started working today them went back out. I’m now thinking it’s an electrical problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n