Instrument Cluster Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were to pull a cluster from an Escalade at a junkyard, what would I have to do to make it work?

I have an '05 Tahoe 4.8L

make sure it is an 03+ Esky cluster.

easy way to tell is where the fuel gauge is (upper row or lower). that has to match yours.

then just plug it in.

Done. mileage is stored in the cluster, so you may want it reprogrammed.

Alternately, transfer all the esky part's to your cluster...

I wouldn't bet on a 4.8 being pre-programmed for trans temp gauge motor though, so reprogramming the Esky's miles is probably the way to go.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if I do this on my '03 Yuk, the newest I could do would be an '06 Esky?

Would that be the reccomended upgrade (Pro gauge swap guys)?

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The onbly difference between the 03 and 06 esky gauges would be the tranny gear indicator which would be a simple, easier on the eyes orange dash. If you were to do this, I would go with the 06. I had this on my Tahoe..

Picture047.jpg

ottonuila

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I heard there is a class action suit against Chevy/GM because so many of these clusters have failed and a lot after the 70,000 7 year that GM covers. Mine failed at 90,000 although at 30,000 it made funny noises and the service rep at the dealer always this was normal on 2003 tahoe"s. Does anybody have any info?

boostedgsxr1k

Reaction score
IS there a way to get a trans temp guage for the cluster? I have a 01 Z71 but no trans temp.... ANy help????

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IS there a way to get a trans temp guage for the cluster? I have a 01 Z71 but no trans temp.... ANy help????

yes, you can buy a stepper motor and solder it to the board. you'll need a new guage face overlay and a new needle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chazbeaux