Instrument Cluster Issues on Startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyrishk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Yukon SLT, 5.3 V8 2WD and have a weird situation that began about 3 or 4 months ago. When I start the engine, the instrument cluster will look like the ignition is ON but the engine is not running. So all the warning lights are on, the tach and all the gauges are at zero, etc. But, the engine has started and is running fine and I could even put it Drive and go down the road. Most times, I turn off the engine and restart and the instruments are fine. Sometimes, it will clear itself after about 10 seconds. This only happens once or twice a month but kind of freaks me out when it does occur :)

Anyone know what might be the cause?

I also noticed in the last couple of weeks that when I open the car door with my remote, the driver side mirror will set to the wrong position even though it should be set to my predefined position.. Sometime it works, sometimes not. Not sure these are related though...

Thanks,
Ken

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Yukon SLT, 5.3 V8 2WD and have a weird situation that began about 3 or 4 months ago. When I start the engine, the instrument cluster will look like the ignition is ON but the engine is not running. So all the warning lights are on, the tach and all the gauges are at zero, etc. But, the engine has started and is running fine and I could even put it Drive and go down the road. Most times, I turn off the engine and restart and the instruments are fine. Sometimes, it will clear itself after about 10 seconds. This only happens once or twice a month but kind of freaks me out when it does occur :)

Anyone know what might be the cause?

I also noticed in the last couple of weeks that when I open the car door with my remote, the driver side mirror will set to the wrong position even though it should be set to my predefined position.. Sometime it works, sometimes not. Not sure these are related though...

Thanks,
Ken

Hey Ken,

I apologize for the vehicle trouble you are experiencing. I understand how an engine malfunction can have you worried. I see you reaching out for advice, and this forum is great to interact with other members. If you would like to further discuss your concerns with us, please reach out via private message and include your VIN and current mileage.

Thanks,

Laura M.
GM Customer Care

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24