Installing your LED Tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to know, Mine are probably just like you said because there's a little box on the back side of mine.

yeah i wish mine had built in resistors, could have saved me some trouble, but i did get a cool little mod out of it

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if you are pulling a trailer then your cruise works just fine? so all i have to do is mock up a system like that that plugs into my 7 way harness?

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if you are pulling a trailer then your cruise works just fine? so all i have to do is mock up a system like that that plugs into my 7 way harness?

thats how i figured out the solution, yeah

you could do that, i just went the hidden route, splicing into the plug thing from the backside of the bumper

Krunchy

Reaction score
I didn't loose my cruise control with mine. Only thing that happened to me right after I installed em, my brake switch went out (near the pedal), so that caused my brake lights not to light up and my cruise control not to work. So it may be something else not just the LEDS.
All i lost doing mine was a boat load of fuses i put them in wrong and blew out all kinds of them

fatnlowtahoe504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea when i bought mine, i did not have the loss of cruise control or anything it had a resistor built in, glad i paid a little extra for my LEDs.... rearend.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

that and ive been having my LEDs over 3yrs now and not one LED has gone out on them

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brother pointed out that my third brake light has a few leds out on it, anyone have experience with fixing that? or do i have to go and buy a whole new one?

Yang1815

Reaction score
My LED tails have resistor built in for the turn signals but not brakes. I just got some load equalizer from ebay and will install them this weekend to fix the cruise control problem.

I suspect it also interferes with my remote start in case anybody is having problem with theirs.

heftylefty58

Reaction score
Dang. I never would have guessed LED tails could cause so many different problems....

So once I upgrade my OEM tails to LED, I need to check the following:
1) fast blinkers
2) cruise control
3) remote start

Anything else?

OP
OP
tast101

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems like that, just my brake pedal switch went out and had to be replaced and then my rear lights started working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts