Installing your LED Tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How to install your LED Tails.

We had a nice little thread on TF, and I figured I'd make a new one since the tails don't come with any instructions.

For this model, they have a clear version and a red version. Both come normal or smoked.

When you install your taillights, I would suggest numbering you light sockets and writing the corresponding # on the housing, just incase you need to install your old tail and to make things easier.

There are two metal clips that the screws catch on. These are located on your old taillights. You will pull these off, takes a little muscle and prying. But be careful, so you don’t break the plastic on your taillights.

LEDtail.jpg
When you hook up the harness' you want to follow the order above.
The Running lights/Brake light will be at the top.
The Blink will be in the middle.
The reverse light will be at the bottom and you will use the bulb for this.

If your lights aren't working check your fuses under the hood. I had a problem with my brake light switch, and it needed to be replaced.

(Don't remember his name off the top of my head, but on TF.com he had a little wiring diagram to have both the blinker and brake light to work in unison like the esky lights) Hopefully he'll join up and chime in.

2364700733_34c1fe296f.png
2364707261_96e4772b48.png
2423545343_b274caca8a.png
2424374494_6d561052e5.png
2365542136_1819284b11.png
2507678014_656586a10e.png

Here's some pics of the non smoked version:
DSCF6638.gif
DSCF6575.gif

They can be purchased on ebay:
http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZ2006Q20yukonQ20ledQ20taillightsQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

Found a vid:
[yt]zJ0grZP6zAg[/yt]

Feel free to add on other LED brands/models and if I forgot something add it.

Last edited:

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
im still throwing up the idea of just getting a set of led tails for my hoe which has barn doors. i have heard of peeps makin them fit and getting a certain pair that you dont need to mod to fit. anyone have led tails in there hoe/kon with barn doors RIGHT NOW. let me see some pix and how hard was it to mod if mods were needed?

OP
OP
tast101

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's one of them that fits barn yard doors. I forget which one it is but I'm not sure about these.

Fyrcaptain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are yours smoked....they look a little dark but not too bad. How's the daytime brightness?

I like the pic of the stock and new tails in place, shows the difference well.

Please explain how the esky tails blink.

Thanks

OP
OP
tast101

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are yours smoked....they look a little dark but not too bad. How's the daytime brightness?

I like the pic of the stock and new tails in place, shows the difference well.

Please explain how the esky tails blink.

Thanks

My are smoked, but they are purchased like that.
These are the regular ones:
tlyd-den00led-rc.jpg

These are the smoked ones:
img.jpg

There's no problem seeing them, from behind they look like this.
The LED light reflects in the housing.
2424374494_6d561052e5.png

Notice how only the top section is lit up. With the Eskys I believe the whole light lights up and blinks (both sections), With the LEDs only the middle section will blink while the top stay on constantly.

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guess i missed this thread on TF when i put mine on. it took me an hour to realize whi i couldn't get the screws to bite on the new lights. i was pissed. i created a thread on TF and everything askin for help, felt like a damn idiot.......

:emotions122:

OP
OP
tast101

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
guess i missed this thread on TF when i put mine on. it took me an hour to realize whi i couldn't get the screws to bite on the new lights. i was pissed. i created a thread on TF and everything askin for help, felt like a damn idiot.......

:emotions122:
Sorry I wasn't on TF as much as GMFS, if I woulda seen it I woulda help'd but yea the older thread did have those instructions.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are the tail lights i got, i love them, but they dont seem to be on ebay anymore

wv3a77.jpg

this is the mod i added afterwards to solve the loss of cruise control. i did this because its cooler than getting an equalizer or resistor, lol :secret:

161nebk.jpg
2zdximb.jpg

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
here are the tail lights i got, i love them, but they dont seem to be on ebay anymore

wv3a77.jpg

this is the mod i added afterwards to solve the loss of cruise control. i did this because its cooler than getting an equalizer or resistor, lol :secret:

161nebk.jpg
2zdximb.jpg
yeah, what the hell are those, do they stop the rapid blinker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu