Installed oil catch can today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrathell

Reaction score
I've been seeing a few oil catch can threads lately, so I thought I would install one on my 2015 Chevy Tahoe LT.

I installed one on my Jeep Wrangler last summer and liked the results, so I'll see if this one yield the same, if not better results.

There are some really nice catch cans out there in the $200 - $500 range and I wouldn't mind if my wife gave me one as a gift :) but I just went with a $30 one from Amazon with the quick connect connections.

Here is the video of me installing it. I made my own mounting bracket but in the end I didn't like how crude my home made bracket looked, so I'll be changing that in the spring.

Last edited:

Tom Harrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed my catch can on a 2018 Yukon XL with the 5.3. The catch can was purchased from UPR and has a 4 oz can. I ran it 250 miles then checked it and it had maybe 2 oz of fluid in it. I was wondering how much your catch can collects in how many miles? It seems to me that I will need to empty the catch can frequently or it will get overfilled fast.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems like a lot of oil on so few miles, but I can only compare it to my oil consumption on my 07. I am averaging about 1 fl oz per 1000 miles.

Other members on this Forum will chime in with their oil catch can collection experiences.

Tom Harrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I might add that my 250 mile trip started at -16F and ended at -1F. Ii wonder if the cold had anything to do with the amount of oil collected?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons