Installed Illumination this past Weekend - Easy install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIchael Bernich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, 1st post here. Have been creeping on the website for a couple weeks now.

Installed
Part Number

Emblem Pkg / Black

$321.43

From gmpartsdirect.com this past weekend. Was worried I would need to remove the entire front clip to install, however found a workaround.

Removed hood latch release extension, plastic top cover, and then the 10mm bolts holding the top of the grill to the core support. Was bale to reach hand between core and grill and remove the old GMC logo. New logo snapped in place flawlessly.

As far as getting to the back of the drivers side headlight. There are 2 ways to do this. One, remove front fascia assembly and headlight. This seemed like an accident waiting to happen.

I chose option 2.
Turn steering wheel locked in right hand turn and remove the 5 torx head screws holding the inner fender liner in the front of the wheelwell. Once removed you have access to headlight plug. Remove plug and add pigtail plug in. Feed wire under core, in front of the blinds clipping on core rail and plug into emblem.

At most, a 45 min to hour job. Took me longer to find the right tools (torx) than it did to unplug and route the wire.

GMC logo.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much better looking this way!

Welcome from Miami Beach Michael!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Great mod!!

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
Looks nice and thanks for sharing the installation tips!
Do you mind sharing how much you paid for shipping? That website has some crazy shipping prices..

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice and thanks for sharing the installation tips!
Do you mind sharing how much you paid for shipping? That website has some crazy shipping prices..

No shipping charges if you have it shipped to a local dealer for pickup.

tlgnome24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The website lists this as for 2021 models. Since it just uses a pigtail plug-in does anyone know if this can easily be installed on a 2017?

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lighted emblem available for the 2019 Tahoe. It might fit earlier models. In Gold without the black rear emblem it’s $275. Would love to add it but. Not at that price.

4D3EF819-6A5E-4224-BB85-19CF540AA821.png

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
No shipping charges if you have it shipped to a local dealer for pickup.
That's true if you order thru GMC directly (I just did that for all weather mats and picked them at dealership), OP has listed a website that is not of GMC. That website wanted $150 to ship me mats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons