Inside door to plastic glue/seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01YukonSC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
can someone tell me what kind of sticky seal/glue goes inside the door attaching the plastic barrier to the door? Pic shoes the plastic I'm talking about. Can't find anything about what type of substance should be between the plastic and the door.

IMG_4603.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Could probably use 3M spray adhesive in the can. Same stuff they use for headliners.

OP
OP

01YukonSC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well the reason I ask specifically is because I'm having an issue where water is coming down the window and instead of draining out the bottom of the door, some is making it on the inside of the door where the plastic would be sealed and is getting into the interior. Made a post about this earlier but didn't get any response. So I'm not sure the best course of action except to seal it up as close to factory as possible. Thought of tape but wasn't sure that would seal and keep water out.

Here's a link to my previous post outlining the issue I'm having: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/another-leak-third-times-a-charm.118423/

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Me personally, I'd go with the spray adhesive. Tape might not stick after awhile. Just my opinion tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas