Indash Samsung Galaxy Tab Stereo DONE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have to make some cuts to your dash to get the ipad mini to fit. Even then, it wont look like it belongs. Its a weird shape (not 16x9).

Also, the ipad does not have a built in GPS antenna. So GPS will only work if you have an ipad with a data plan. I couldnt get the gps on my ipad to work while tethered to my iphones data. I did not want to go Android, but the ipad just didnt turn out to be an option.

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing with my 2001 tahoe back in 2012: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8513985@N03/7538349042/in/photostream/

In the picture I was using a jvc head unit. I have since replaced it with a pioneer which had much better hands free phone quality.

The white wire on the left plugs into my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, but at the time of this picture I was using an Iphone 4. The white wire connects to the USB port on the back of the head unit, which also provides charging for the phone.

The Galzxy Tab 2 7" pictured connects directly to the head unit via 3.5 cable. Sounds great. The power is supplied through a high amperage cig lighter that is buried in the dash. You have to use high amperage in order for the Samsung to charge.

Also, rooting the Tab allows you to better control over when the unit sleeps and wakes up.

Note to pre 2002 owners, you dont need to put in a double DIN bezel for this to work. I used my dremel and did a little trimming to make mine fit.

Internet feed is through my AT&T cell phone and works flawlessly. I get Netflix, Sling Box, Songza (which is great, btw), Pandora, email, engine diagnostics via bluetooth sender, weather radar (live radar feed is like power windows, once you have them you couldn't do without), this unit gives me expanded use of my radar detector, and many other functions.

This system is better than any stock system available, and certainly better than any other aftermarket stereo arrangement.

How did you make that fit in your '01? I measured move and it wouldn't fit hardly at all. Does your Tahoe have the Bose system?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

BubZX

Reaction score
for better audio quality. try the power amp player from the playstore. awesome player and has all the adjustments you could ever need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman