Indash Samsung Galaxy Tab Stereo DONE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you guys would like to see my Galaxy installed in the truck.

Its a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" and it fits like a glove. It has a built in GPS antenna and it works flawlessly. Internet is tethered through my iphone and I use TuneIn Radio for my local radio stations along with Spotify, Pandora, Netflix, and HBOGO for the other media. I have a link back to my home network to stream all my movies and MP3s as well. Google Now (android equivalent to Siri) makes it easy to input addresses for navigation along with changing the music up.

I am running the stock Bose amp/speakers and I also have the 10" MTX thunderform sub enclosure and a sub amp to power it. It fits nicely behind the fake subwoofer grille in the cargo area.

Anyway, this setup costs way less than half of what a Pioneer/Kenwood/Alpine Nav unit will cost you and it was a SUPER EASY install! No cutting into the truck at all.

What do you guys think?

after_install_NAV.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the same harness adapter I had with my Pioneer Nav stereo. Its the GMOS-04 by Metra.

I installed a switched 12v cig lighter adapter under the cup holders and ran the usb docking cable to it for power. I used the RED and BLACK wires that would normally connect to the head unit to power the cig lighter.

For Audio I just used a 1/8" mini headphone plug to RCA adapter and plugged right into the factory audio system.

I shot some pics of the process. I might do a write up when I get some time.

bstrang6

Reaction score
I would love to ADD my 7 inch Galaxy Tab to my current theatre system in my esky, wiring and mounting write up would be greatly appreciated.

coolchuck

maybe Escalade bound?
Reaction score
I like it. Question...the GPS is powered by the internet connection from your iPhone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19