In need of a bit of help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rozay

Rozay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea it’s the jarred side to side. I figured the tires have a lot to do with it. As far as brand of suspension, I couldn’t find anything. Not even a number. The only plus side is it is strictly a nice weather/ weekend vehicle so can live with a less than perfect ride. I may change the shocks though next time I have it up in the air just because. Thanks for all your help.

Firm ride, as in the body feels like it's being jarred when you hit bumps or firm as in you feel every little crack, expansion joint, concrete seam, etc.? You have 24s and low-profile tires transfer a lot of road imperfections, so you'll feel every crack, bump, rock, etc. If it feels like the body is being jarred from the bumps as if you don't have any suspension travel (as it felt before you did the free travel mod), then you may just have stiff shocks. You said they were "short body" shocks as if they weren't stock. Do you know the brand and/or model? They could be cheap lowering shocks, which tend to be overly stiff and replacing them with quality shocks could be the simple fix. If the shocks aren't bottoming out, then you don't need shorter shocks or extensions, just better shocks. Basically, you want at least a little more travel in the shock than you have in the suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518