In need of a bit of help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rozay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got my Tahoe last week and it’s already lowered. I have a few questions. Can anyone tell how much it is lowered? The front suspension rides and feels fine. The rear is very rough. I have read about the bump stop mod, is there anything else I should look for? I’m going to get it on my lift this weekend. Would a shock change help as well? Any recommendations? Thank you. It’s a 2007 2wd

62CE7850-689B-4AB3-AF35-BD45A490B8E8.jpeg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I just got my Tahoe last week and it’s already lowered. I have a few questions. Can anyone tell how much it is lowered? The front suspension rides and feels fine. The rear is very rough. I have read about the bump stop mod, is there anything else I should look for? I’m going to get it on my lift this weekend. Would a shock change help as well? Any recommendations? Thank you. It’s a 2007 2wd

View attachment 218193

Not sure of your wheel/tire size...

I'm gonna guess it's a 2/3 drop but could possibly be a 3/4.

Look for rear shock relocators. If it's running stock length shocks without relocators then you could be bottoming out the rear shocks which will make for a rough ride.

OP
OP
Rozay

Rozay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok thank you. I’ll look at that. They are 24” wheels on there. I appreciate it and will get back to you once I get it in the air.

Not sure of your wheel/tire size...

I'm gonna guess it's a 2/3 drop but could possibly be a 3/4.

Look for rear shock relocators. If it's running stock length shocks without relocators then you could be bottoming out the rear shocks which will make for a rough ride.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Ken. But I bet the rough ride 'cuz it's riding on the bump stops. After cutting mine off this past weekend, I can see why people would be inclined to just "ride it out". It's not a fun task.

When you get under it and still have questions, post some pics of the suspension so we can see how and what lowers it.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey just throwing this out there, wouldn't help to install air bag helpers in rear springs? It seams like a win win if you tow?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d say it’s 3/4 and I know what you mean about the bump stops. I need to get relocation brackets myself where to shop fellas?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d say it’s 3/4 and I know what you mean about the bump stops. I need to get relocation brackets myself where to shop fellas?

I think I have a spare set of the relocation brackets. PM me if you're interested and I'll dig for 'em to make sure I'm not imagining things.

OP
OP
Rozay

Rozay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Didn’t get it in the air but got a chance to crawl underneath it, definitely riding on the bump stops, there is no relocation brackets, but they do look like lowered shocks (short body) I’m gonna take care of it this week. I’ll update as I go. Thanks for the help so far!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn’t get it in the air but got a chance to crawl underneath it, definitely riding on the bump stops, there is no relocation brackets, but they do look like lowered shocks (short body) I’m gonna take care of it this week. I’ll update as I go. Thanks for the help so far!

Great! At least you know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Sure, it's mostly illumination from the forthcoming sparks from cutting on the frame. But, you have a solution. Watch that gas tank!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman