I'm new here. Just have a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBeezy

Reaction score
Hello all! Nice forum and I'm happy to be a new member here.

Just bought my wife a 2008 Yukon LT. Noticed that the radio will only go so loud, which isnt loud at all. Is there anything that can be done about that?

It has the touch screen with Navigation, but we dont have a disc. Is it possible that someone here has a copy that I could borrow or purchase?

Thanks in advance!!!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! If you do a search for the navigation disc on the forum you will find many threads on how to get your hands on a disc. I would help you out but I have an aftermarket nav in mine.

OP
OP
J

JBeezy

Reaction score
Thanks will do. Any idea of why the volume is so low on the factory system? Usually factory systems are loud. Here's what I have

4573fb18.gif

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okla-by God-homa said:
Do you have a Bose system in the vehicle? The speakers will have Bose on the grill.

I have Bose but the only place it says it is on the two tweeters in the front. On the denali and escalade, there is a chrome trim around the 6.5" door speaker that the tahoe unfortunately does not have.

Jonnyfamous

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can try the MX1 converter. The only thing is you have to cut the wires from the factory amp and install in the converter. This should clean up your sound. Also you might want to have that professionally installed because of the cutting.........hope this helps.

jc67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you know if the navigation unit was installed at the factory or was it installed after? If it was installed after then it may not be programmed correctly.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have heard that if you install a Bose navigation unit into a Yukon or Tahoe without Bose, it will perform this way. Maybe a programming fixes this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr