2005 Tahoe Daily [Update 06/25/20 - leveled?]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad from the pics. A good body shoo can knock that out. Looks like your color too. Found it in a yard?

I thought it looked rough lol, almost didn't buy it.

was from FB marketplace, and it's Pewter while my car is Metallic Birch. very close tho

I'm too cheap to take it to a body shop though. Last HD Hood I wanted painted was like $400 quoted. For that price I'll get a cowl hood.

Up here they still want $200 for it :smh:. No dents looking at $400

dang, in West Michigan I can find them all day sub $50 in the condition I posted, and sub $200 in mint condition

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last night I got my cheap Chinesium eBay headlights and tail lights put in

drove to work without my grille today and my boss thought it was hilarious.:eek:

I was just too tired to put it back on

the lowbeam high beam lights are just temporary. once I pay off my credit card bills from this far, I'll be making retrofits for the vehicle

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then today I got home from work and spent probably 4 hours and 12 cans of plasti-dip giving this car the 15' touch up

started with the scraped up HD hood.

doesn't look half bad now!

I'll throw it on my car probably tomorrow and see how I feel. if I don't like it, I can probably sell it for 3x-4x what I paid

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and all together after bumpers, grille, underbody, rocker panels, new lights, etc

still searching for new rims, I already have the 275/70/r16 BFG's, but I was really set on the steel rim look

unfortunately, everything I've read tells me most steel rims are cheap chinese garbage, and not suitable for highway driving. they're evidently riddled with QC errors, and pretty much a lottery to see if you can get 4 matching rims that will balance

might go back to Moto Metal M970s, but I think they're a little too nice for a standard Tahoe

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
and all together after bumpers, grille, underbody, rocker panels, new lights, etc

View attachment 225297
View attachment 225298
View attachment 225299
View attachment 225300
View attachment 225301

still searching for new rims, I already have the 275/70/r16 BFG's, but I was really set on the steel rim look

unfortunately, everything I've read tells me most steel rims are cheap chinese garbage, and not suitable for highway driving. they're evidently riddled with QC errors, and pretty much a lottery to see if you can get 4 matching rims that will balance

might go back to Moto Metal M970s, but I think they're a little too nice for a standard Tahoe
I don't know why America would let something so unsafe into the country.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I vote black out the chrome strip on the door molding. Truck looks tuff. Would like to see some lighter than steel oem 17s on it tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy

Latest posts