I'm an idiot...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nutzostevo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So... I tried the 4hi mod and read all the threads and every word from every response. I then set out to turn my ride into the light beacon which it was meant to be. I began this journey by splicing the ground wire on the headlights to the battery brace bar on the driver side. I tested it out and voila I temporarily felt like a caveman discovering fire. This emotion was to be short lived from what I would soon be discovering. I turned the hoe off to allow it to sit and let it ponder on how excellent it will be in the very soon future. I then set out on a grand venture of making my fog lights stay on while the highs and lows were on. I soldered wire to both ends of 3 amp 50 volt diode and went and pulled the the headlight relay off at which point my headlights turned off (I was expecting this because it was 1 am and the auto lights were engaged) now being the semi worry wort that I am I plugged the relay back in and noticed that the hi's wouldn't engage while the headlights were on, effectively it had returned to where it began. I cursed in my head and out loud. I then checked to make sure the ground was good. I even went as far as to remove the wire from the ground and take the drill out and wire brush more paint away to expose the metal. After being thoroughly happy with how it was grounded and making sure that it wasn't the problem I tried again and nope no positive result. I then re-read the responses and saw that one guy spliced both driver and passenger side, I followed suit. Nothing! I then said well, I must be an idiot and have buggered something up. I checked the fuses to make sure I had not blown them, they are good. Now I sit here with my pride hanging low and asking the great and wonderful community here about possible solutions... Help!!!!!!!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? Also, did you install the diodes currectly? They are directional and if installed backwards you won't have any success!

OP
OP
N

nutzostevo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its an '02 Hoe and I put the diode in the correct way, at least as per the instructions on one of the threads. My prpblem was that it stopped working when I went to pull the hwadlight relay (30amp) and then replaced it... Hasn't worked since.

BubZX

Reaction score
maybe try a different relay. could have maybe broke one of the prongs pulling it out. they can be a ***** sometime when removing them.

OP
OP
N

nutzostevo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All prongs are present... There is a clicking sound from the fuse box when I go to engage the high beams... Should I just replace the relay?

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I'm gonna say it. Take a break in your @hit! Need some puncuation! Pauses! Cammas! Some god dam break in my reading! My head hurts from reading that! I'm gonna drink another. Sorry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts