If the tahoe is rockin....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skbishop90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your thrust angle could be off. The rear axle should be straight and true to the front. If it is not, and your vehicle will dog track. Have someone ride behind you and see if the rear is slightly out ahead of the front. It may be very slight but once you hit a bump it could cause your symptoms. I agree with the alignment first.

OP
OP
tsb09000

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I don't think it'd be a bent axle since it doesn't do it all the time, just when I hit a bump/dip or I can make it do it by slightly jerking the wheel.
I agree that the next step should be an alignment. I'm going to try to get my new tires mounted first though.

OP
OP
tsb09000

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
As of right now I do believe it's fixed!! And it only cost $3.99!!!

The rear most bolt on the driver side rear lower control arm/trailing arm was the culprit. Somehow the hole in the bracket was larger than the one on the arm itself causing it to move. So I got a bigger bolt and slightly reamed out the bushing on the arm and that's all it was the whole time. Unbelievable. I searched everything underneath and never saw that move until last week. So simple it's embarrassing but I don't care; it's finally fixed!

On a side note, the new ISS is installed and I have an alignment scheduled for Thursday.

lovesdunes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

The rear most bolt on the driver side rear lower control arm/trailing arm was the culprit. Somehow the hole in the bracket was larger than the one on the arm itself causing it to move. So I got a bigger bolt and slightly reamed out the bushing on the arm and that's all it was the whole time. Unbelievable. I searched everything underneath and never saw that move until last week. So simple it's embarrassing but I don't care; it's finally fixed!

Thank You. I had the exact same problem. Rear of the Yukon would get completely out of control right around 70. After reading your post I went outside and checked the bolts on the rear control arms. Both bolts on the drivers side upper control arm were loose. I removed the bolts to check the holes and I was lucky enough to catch the problem early and the holes are fine.

Reaction score

On a side note, the new ISS is installed and I have an alignment scheduled for Thursday.
How is the truck doing so far no more sway ? And did u do the alignment too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts