Idle Oil Pressure Thoughts (Currently sitting at 20 PSI fully warm).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20 psi hot at idle is normal
if you are concerned about the age of the oil pump then replace it and carry on
personally I would have had the oil pump and water pump replaced at the time the engine was done because it would not have really increased any cost except for the part

Last edited:

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try switching to the XP version just to see if it makes a difference or not.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
20 psi hot at idle is normal
if you are concerned about the age of the oil pump then replace it and carry on
personally I would have had the oil pump and water pump replaced at the time the engine was done because I would not have really increased any cost except for the part
GM replaced the engine under extended warranty, so they only replaced the bare minimum which was block non-reusable parts and gaskets unfortunately.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM replaced the engine under extended warranty, so they only replaced the bare minimum which was block non-reusable parts and gaskets unfortunately.
Right, you also have the option at that point to pay for any bolt part you want replaced with virtually no labor cost involved
I had my engine replaced at 80k I paid for a new oil pump, oil pressure sensor and water pump (with lifetime warranty) on the water pump
while they were doing it, my cost was parts only since they have to do all that anyway. my intake and oil pan was the only used part that went on
just made sense to me to do it then rather than later

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Used a DiabloSport to increase my idle by 150 and it feels like I'm driving an entirely new truck.

I think I still need to tackle the oil pump at some point, but the change is pretty dramatic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE