Idiots Are Everywhere!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did he say that the warranty requirement is for his shop to do the fluid flush and filter? Last thing you want is him to push a failure off on another shop and deny coverage.
Nope. Unlike a few other places that require you to bring it to them for maintenance, he didn't require it. Or even offer it.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update! So I finally talked to the shop owner just now. I was pretty frustrated yesterday after he didn't call me "right back" like he promised and my several calls were unanswered later in the day. I was sure they were screening calls! He says he has the covers and drain bolt and will drop them off to where my daughter works 15 minutes down the road from him. If I drove my truck there it's a 2 hr round trip and it would cost me at least $25 in fuel. He says he went to the 49er's opening game with his daughter so he left early and forgot to call me. Then he tells me how he almost got in brawl with a couple guys sitting behind them that were cussing. Vet with issues and a few beers. He admits he has problems and forgets a lot. Guess I'm glad he had his "builder" put this transmission together right?

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That guy has a lot going on in his life. Surprised he even comes close to keeping it all straight.
Yeah I'd like to see his records. I know he can do better. Some people just struggle and think they can't do better. He's a grease monkey that probably got a VA Loan to open a business and just doesn't know any better. He didn't want my advice on when to call it and just replace the darned thing. And for crying out loud wear gloves and use seat covers when in a customer's vehicle. Nobody wants greasy handprints all over everything. My wife was pretty mad. And you don't want to make an older lady biker mad! Trust me.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah I'd like to see his records. I know he can do better. Some people just struggle and think they can't do better. He's a grease monkey that probably got a VA Loan to open a business and just doesn't know any better. He didn't want my advice on when to call it and just replace the darned thing. And for crying out loud wear gloves and use seat covers when in a customer's vehicle. Nobody wants greasy handprints all over everything. My wife was pretty mad. And you don't want to make an older lady biker mad! Trust me.
Been there and done that with the "older lady biker". She was known to "speak her mind" so to speak but she always had my back and more than once she "took care of business" shall we say.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there and done that with the "older lady biker". She was known to "speak her mind" so to speak but she always had my back and more than once she "took care of business" shall we say.
That's my wife. Her father even called her his little silver tongued rattlesnake when she was a kid. I've even threatened a group of guys with letting her kick all their butts. They backed down.... Green eyes that turn black.... run! LOL!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's my wife. Her father even called her his little silver tongued rattlesnake when she was a kid. I've even threatened a group of guys with letting her kick all their butts. They backed down.... Green eyes that turn black.... run! LOL!
Our own Rambo on call.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got the 2 inspection covers and a newish drain bolt yesterday! Hopefully I won't have to deal with this guy again. I did want to ask him what brand of fluid he used though. I like to keep the same brand when mixing. I'll do the filter and pan in 2000 miles. (And the Transfer Case) Does it really matter with Dex VI though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907