Idiots Are Everywhere!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I would def change the drain plug and get inspection covers but only after i verified their is no leak-that pink drip i see would drive me nuts.Brake clean it and pray it doesnt leak or its coming out again.I no its pretty far forward in the trans but running on a rack for an hour-then driving it to your house which i think is an hour from that shop.I wouldn't think their would be a drip like that present.Your right pretty lame the pan is that scratched up-wonder why he didnt replace or paint it.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would def change the drain plug and get inspection covers but only after i verified their is no leak-that pink drip i see would drive me nuts.Brake clean it and pray it doesnt leak or its coming out again.I no its pretty far forward in the trans but running on a rack for an hour-then driving it to your house which i think is an hour from that shop.I wouldn't think their would be a drip like that present.Your right pretty lame the pan is that scratched up-wonder why he didnt replace or paint it.
I wiped that drip off and drove it a bit then looked again and didn't see anything. But you can bet I'll continue to look. They apparently were very sloppy (and probably frustrated) and it looks like they missed the fill tube when filling.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey if he doesnt have them or doesn't answer the phone lol. Pm me your address i probably have a set or 2 laying around i could send you lol.
I never put them back in after i take them out.
One bad experience four wheeling in the winter with negative 20 degree temps. Had just enough dirt and grime in the bellhousing to plug every escape for water to get out and when i parked for the night the torque converter became a iceberg. Three days the thaw that sucker out with several little propane torches. Live and learn lol

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Frozen? Sorry but that's actually kinda funny. It's never going to see that kind of use. It's Gma's grocery getter. Here we'd get squirrel's nesting in it or mud dauber's. I got mud dauber's in the air filter box! I called maybe three times before his wife answered. So yeah, I was thinking they saw my caller ID and were intentionally ignoring me. They don't even have an answering machine setup. Told her what I wanted and she gave the phone to him. He said he remembers having them out and walked out and asked one of his guys if he saw them. I said he probably has a bucketful of them. He said he'd get me the covers and a new drain bolt and call me back. Still waiting...
I asked him last week what he suggested for break in fluid change and he said 30k miles since when you buy a new car that's what they recommend. I'm thinking 5k personally.

Last edited:

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With your experience there i tend to agree. I called my guy and he recommended 60k with the Dex6 he used.
He remembered mine specifically because of the odometer reading, asked how it was doing. Told him good now that it is semi retired it has only seen about 5k in 2 years. He laughed and said jokingly the fluid should be good for 50 years then haha.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With your experience there i tend to agree. I called my guy and he recommended 60k with the Dex6 he used.
He remembered mine specifically because of the odometer reading, asked how it was doing. Told him good now that it is semi retired it has only seen about 5k in 2 years. He laughed and said jokingly the fluid should be good for 50 years then haha.
Right! The way my wife runs around it'll be next month. LOL! I'm wondering the same for the Transfer Case. I rebuilt it and hung it before it went to the transmission shop. So it'll be easy to track mileage and changes on both!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Performabuilt specs fluid and filter change at 2k to remove break-in materials or the warranty is void. Sounds like your guy wants you to wait until it’s out of warranty so you don’t see the chunks in the pan…

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Performabuilt specs fluid and filter change at 2k to remove break-in materials or the warranty is void. Sounds like your guy wants you to wait until it’s out of warranty so you don’t see the chunks in the pan…
Ouch! That's probably true with my luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tttterrrr