Idea about factory RSE when wanting new head unit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miatawnt2b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I had a thought today. I want to upgrade my Escalade with NAV and RSE to an Android head unit. However, maintaining dual zone is going to be impossible as there are no Android units I am aware of that support dual zone. So I thought... why not just re-locate the stock head unit (NAV and all) into the back of the center console. It would also mean some custom dash work as you'd have to relocate the rear passenger climate up front, but that's actually a win for me. I hate not being able to easily control rear climate from the front.

So stock NAV to the rear, rear climate to the front and Android 7.1 in the dash. Seems like a win win win. Now to take some measurements to see if it's even possible.

-J

Kyle Pezzetti

Reaction score
Check eBay item 332195720745 that one does dual zone I am looking at getting one down the road and headrest monitors

OP
OP
M

miatawnt2b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It does say after studying the description you can listen to radio and have kids watch and listen separate. Cool.

FWIW, I just installed an Xtrons unit in my BMW. It was super easy as all wiring is pre made for the car. Plug and play. I'm really happy with it.

-J

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269