2012 Yukon XL Denali - Recommendations for (close to plug and play) aftermarket stereo head unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a solid aftermarket car stereo that can give me Android auto and Apple carplay. I have looked into a couple of different options, but I cannot find a good one that can still use the factory cables that come with the stock Denali head unit. I tried one of these from Amazon, since it appears to be mostly plug and play and compatible for the the Denali trim and 2012 model year (SWTNVIN Android 11 Car Radio - https://a.co/d/fx0quJA), however, when trying to hook it up, I am missing any sort of plug that fits into the one in the attached image (from a different amazon listing).

Anyone find any good head unit options that don't require a bunch of extra parts and/or modifications?

So now that I have been through the ringer on this, I am confident the radio I picked is a great option as long as you don't care about DVDs/factory GPS

The kenwood has an HD screen with great resolution and it only boots up slightly slower than the factory. I am really loving it so far. I am still working on routing the mic and getting my 3rd row screen to work but once I am done I will either make a video or do a writeup to help all of you. It's close to a true plug and play setup and since it's shallow, it's easy to get all the wiring back there.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to Crutchfield.com and see what is available in your price range. If you find something that you like, talk to Crutchfield folks on the phone, and they will tell you what adapter you need to maintain all steering wheel functionality without cutting/splicing any wires. Even if you end up not purchasing from them, you will know what you need to accomplish your objectives.
What he said don't get the oversees garbage get a plug and play radio from crutchfield. They have pre-wired options and everything

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
It’s 3-22-24, I was getting ready to post and noticed the OP had added one post to the thread he started almost a year ago (4-19-23).

Great content but I’ve noticed a trend to post n póof

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay reading some reviews that the kenwood is very slow to boot up.

Slow bootup is a dealbreaker for me, I dont want to wait to be able to back out after starting the truck. How fast does the pioneer boot up?
if you need rear view camera it usually comes up before the radio is fully booted.
i personally back in pretty much anywhere because these things are buses and it's 1000x times easier to pull out than backing out and you have 100% view
and it usually doesn't require a 2 point turn to do so.
I come from a time period called "mirrors"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts