I thought I blew up my transmission because my truck would not move …….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn both bracket bolts came out. normally you see one gone and it drags the wheel.
I went to brake hard heard the loudest money sounding bang and then my truck would barely move if at all I thought my transmission blew on a hard downshift to stop

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang! Never heard or seen this.

Where the calipers ever removed at any point? I know the front calipers on my 99 Silverado specs are like 150 lb-ft or something like that. And the bolts have some sort of thread locker. Admittedly, I have only re tightened them spec but have never reinstalled any thread locker compound.

I've never removed the rears though. They are still the original at 270k miles. A long time ago my mechanic replaced an axle shaft that got bent when I got a curb on a patch of ice. I guess one rear caliper at least got removed and reinstalled...

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn. It never ceases to amaze me how things fail…

Had a bonded brake shoe where the friction material broke free of the metal backing plate and rotated around in the drum until it wedged itself on the other side. Wheel locked up very quickly…. That was a PITA..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar