I Think It's The Tranny....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i beleave my transmisson is going, The reasoning for me thinking that is ill start me truck and let it worm up and it seems all as well, asoon as i shift it into drive the truck starts to shake and all the lights start to flicker with the shakeing, and When i let off the brake the truck starts to roll forward and it jurking back and fourth kinda like when you try to brake a car with uneven rotors and i know its not my brakes because i have looked at all four corners and they are fine, last but not not least when i am on the on ramp on the freeway and i exelerate and it hits maybe 2ed or 3ed gear i dont feel it up shifting anymore

I am really hopeing some one can tell me some what is happening here, Im freaking out because this is my daily driver and only way to get me to work thats the last thing i need is losseing my job i want to try to fix it befor it brakes down for good

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
you could start by cleaning the throttle body and IAC.

as for accelerating, it only has 4 speeds, and is rarely in 1st gear. So it shifts from 2nd to 3rd and then 4th. Then the torque converter locks up when you let off the gas and reach cruising speed.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if your lights are flickering I suggest you check your various power connections. it is possible the tranny is jumping in and out of limp mode because of it causing the jerking.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could start by cleaning the throttle body and IAC.

as for accelerating, it only has 4 speeds, and is rarely in 1st gear. So it shifts from 2nd to 3rd and then 4th. Then the torque converter locks up when you let off the gas and reach cruising speed.

What do you mean it's rarely in 1st? Doesn't it always start out there when in "D"?

orange57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, it starts off in first, but what I think he means is that the trans will only down shift into first at a stop. Likely when you are getting on the the freeway, due to the gear spread and broad torque band of the engine the transmission is most likely in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16