I need some front component help/ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all, So I am getting ready to do some sound deadening to my doors. Which will include CLD tiles on the outer skin, and filling the large holes on the inner skin. next will be a CCF followed with a MLV. While I am here I am changing the setup just a little bit. Currently I have RE audio 6.5" components in the doors, woofers and tweeters. I know i am going to leave the 6.5 woofer in the door and I will move the tweeter to the stock bose location off axis on the A pillars.

So I can do that and bridge my Rockford T400/4 on the front 2 speakers keeping it passive.

Run tweeters off ch 1+2 and woofers 3+4 going active.

OR find a ~3" midrange to put in the doors as well with a angled baffle and run the midrange and tweeter on a custom passive crossover on ch 1+2 and run the woofer on 3+4.

If I go the midrange route I dont want to spend more than $60-$80 on speakers.

Or any other suggestions would be great as well.

Please help me out.

Thanks.

Also my subwoofer is a RE SEX-10d2 running 1 ohm on a JBL 600.1 in a 1.25 after dispacements @ 34hz box. Which will soon be moving to downfire in the center console.

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I will just bridge the amp on them first and see how it goes.

So my Rockford is rated for 60x4 at 4 ohms. Birth sheet says 75x4. Which is right at the recommended 75 rms per RE. Should I just run them stereo? The birth sheet says 249x2 @ 4 ohms bridged... Way to much for these lol.

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way past my knowledge. lol

I have components in front running off 4ch and then hooked up factory Bose tweets in pillars to amp as well. (component tweets are in the doors like non-bose tahoes)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo