I need help please on abs- **SOLVED**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh i can tell if it has sensors in the rear and ill say it again, it doesnt have rear abs sensors. Ive changed the rear end just last year, i have the rear end out and 100% visible, no sensors. The only yhing ive had to wait on is the codes. Transmission is probably already fried as i drove it that way to get home. I can def tell it got worse and worse..

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the speed sensors have issues it can cause all kinds of trouble including going into limp mode where the trans won’t shift. I’m not sure if it does that for just ABS issues but the speed sensors will cause ABS issues so it’s all tied together.
I tested the front sensors and they put out the rquired milliamps, took em out and cleaned them also. I changes the feont bearing hubs 2yrs ago i can confirm from receipts, they are timkwn fron rockauto. Now that im not in such a bind for a ride ill just have to wait till i get my cousins scanner and see what that reveals. I was just curious if the abs module could cause the trans issues? Friend of mine said that a bad module would not affect the trans but ive read online where guys had the same issue and the abs module fixed it... anyways like i say, i really appreciate the help!

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh crap, I can't read.

Last edited:

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
abs2.jpg From what i have read the rear abs on your tahoe gets its signal from the vss in the transfer case.4wd top left of transfer case .2wd left rear side of transmisson i bet thats your problem.Again just go to autozone it will take 5 minutes and they will give you the code.Buy a new vss if thats the code takes 5 minutes if that to replace.I have to add talked with my chevy tech buddy he said sometimes they dont throw a code also-just have similar problems like you have.

abs2.jpg

Last edited:

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0500,P0501,P0502,P0503. Look at post 14 again, And post 24. Then scan your truck!

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 281110 From what i have read the rear abs on your tahoe gets its signal from the vss in the transfer case.4wd top left of transfer case .2wd left rear side of transmisson i bet thats your problem.Again just go to autozone it will take 5 minutes and they will give you the code.Buy a new vss if thats the code takes 5 minutes if that to replace.I have to add talked with my chevy tech buddy he said sometimes they dont throw a code also-just have similar problems like you have.

View attachment 281110
View attachment 281110 From what i have read the rear abs on your tahoe gets its signal from the vss in the transfer case.4wd top left of transfer case .2wd left rear side of transmisson i bet thats your problem.Again just go to autozone it will take 5 minutes and they will give you the code.Buy a new vss if thats the code takes 5 minutes if that to replace.I have to add talked with my chevy tech buddy he said sometimes they dont throw a code also-just have similar problems like you have.

View attachment 281110
Awesome thanks for the schematic, ive already changed the vss in the trans and still the same issue. Now that i have the layout ill start removing loom and testing wires.. im afraid to drive it to our parts store as it only runs in second and thats a 40mi round trip. I should be getting a snap on scanner loaned to me soon, codes would help alot if it has them. Also i see on the schematic its suppose to have a fluid level sensor, once again mine doesnt have one. I wonder if it being a ppv with hydroboost setup has something to do with it. Ill keep everyone informed on what i find, REALLY appreciate the help

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the schematic, ive already changed the vss in the trans and still the same issue. Now that i have the layout ill start removing loom and testing wires.. im afraid to drive it to our parts store as it only runs in second and thats a 40mi round trip. I should be getting a snap on scanner loaned to me soon, codes would help alot if it has them. Also i see on the schematic its suppose to have a fluid level sensor, once again mine doesnt have one. I wonder if it being a ppv with hydroboost setup has something to do with it. Ill keep everyone informed on what i find, REALLY appreciate the help
Ok so you have a 2wd vehicle then right.Here is the rest of the diagramabs.jpg

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent the brake module off to Abs fixer and he said he found 4 codes 1- 0236 and 1-0265 and 2 communication error codes in the history, so he replaced the relay and re soldered all of it, its in the mail back to me. Guess we will see..Here is exactly what he said

Module had 4 Codes in history. C0265, C0236, and 2 communication codes. None current. Removed excessive solder from a previous repair. Replaced relay. Reseated multiple solenoids. Tested OK. Could not reproduce faults. All OK Reset and cleared codes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442