I dont understand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so last night my friend was driving my tahoe and long story short took it over a median and blew out the front right tire. obviously my car isnt drivable right now so i borrowed my other friend's 07 yukon slt. HOLY SHIT. i fell in love with it. why doesnt my tahoe drive like that? it feels so smooth and its just unbelievable. I put flowmaster 40 series exhaust on my car but his just feels so much more solid and i really want to get my car back to driving like that. I understand also that he has stock wheels and i have 24s but still my ride feels like complete shit compared. Is there anything different about the yukon slt and a tahoe as far as driving goes? and if i wanted to trade with my friend for his stock denali exhaust would that work on my tahoe? thanks a lot and sorry for the long read.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's any difference besides the GMC branding. There better not be, anyways. You might have to revert yours to stock. Exactly why I don't put "performance tunes" and shit like that on mine, haha.

Drive an 07 Navigator, they're unbeatable IMO.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Oh and some of the engine codes are different, so being that your Tahoe is an LS, it may have came with a different engine than what the SLT package offers for the Yukon.

OP
OP
L

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i thought that at first but i have the 5.3 not the 4.8 so i dno. im gonna revert to stock or a denali exhaust if possible and leave the rest alone unless i decide to get sway bars.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Someone told me the Denali exhaust will fit on a Tahoe but it requires modification. I would think that it's the 24's you got. I got the stock 20's and the squeal like I'm slamming the brakes everytime I turn a sharp corner.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, agreed, autoride makes a difference. But for Yukons I thought you could only get that with the Denali.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Autoride does supple up the ride and make it more smooth but not as much as you noticing a day/night difference as compared with yours.
His could just be a bit newer, I doubt your 24s make yours harsh as I have been in trucks with them that still ride good.

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sure your wheels are balanced. But in my experience 24s always ride poorly, style over substance. Navigators ride plush, but they don't handle nearly as well as tahoes/yukons/escalades...Not worth the tradeoff in my opinion, not to mention the 07 and up navis are some of the ugliest trucks on the road, with an interior to match.

Anyway if you really want to get the ride back to factory you need to move back that way, maybe step down to 20s and have your suspension checked to make sure its still within factory specs. If this isn't the first curb thats been jumped its fairly likely something is outta whack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700