I can’t get a break I just got this damn thing fixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then the connector is not seated properly, I don't recall if the dormans have a o-ring inside if so then it might have gotten pinched, in either case you will have to take the connector off and correct it and try again
I changed mine out in the barber shop parking lot. Had to get Dorman from NAPA, as they were open and the closest. I got the plastic parts, not the metal...

I do believe they have an o-ring in them. They did click and seat properly. No leaks. No issues.

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks scary, you might put that on and never get it off
Ford uses a plastic version of that metal one they are also designed like your fuel line quick disconnect.

So this tool will get it off and it's much easier then the other design with that inner clip

Attachments

• 71LKlhi6wJL._SX466_.jpg
    71LKlhi6wJL._SX466_.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 5

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford uses a plastic version of that metal one they are also designed like your fuel line quick disconnect.

So this tool will get it off and it's much easier then the other design with that inner clip
ya try one of those tools on one of these "T"'s that has been on for 10 years, chances are pretty slim it will come off with it.
what usually happens is it doesn't work, because the plastic is not the same shape it was when new and you fight with it for 2 hours, easier to just use a pair of pliers and break the thin plastic part off and take it off that way
you are not going to re-use the 10 year old connector so may as well do it the easy way.
fuel line connectors are different they use metal and the metal retains it's shape.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As @Doubeleive stated, when I had to replace my Tees, I bought several tools, including the set displayed above, and not one single tool worked to disengage the couplings. I had to use a hacksaw blade and cut the thin pieces of plastic on the couplings to get them off.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As @Doubeleive stated, when I had to replace my Tees, I bought several tools, including the set displayed above, and not one single tool worked to disengage the couplings. I had to use a hacksaw blade and cut the thin pieces of plastic on the couplings to get them off.
a good pair of long slightly curved needlenose pliers work well, you just shark bite at it and the plastic comes off, I'm too frisky with a hacksaw lol there would be cut marks all over

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then the connector is not seated properly, I don't recall if the dormans have a o-ring inside if so then it might have gotten pinched, in either case you will have to take the connector off and correct it and try again
The metal pipe on the heater core is bent

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't, but I refuse to use anything Dorman. Never had anything work well from them.
I run a lot of Dorman parts they’re not my preferred part supplier but it’s what was available

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts