I am buying a AVIC-X930BT, what all do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Oops I accidentally put this in the NBS forum first, my bad.)

For my '07 Tahoe LT. Planned on getting the PAC OS-4, PAC SWI-PS, antenna adapter, GM1598AB dash kit, and a load of wire connectors/electrical tape.

I've done a few installs before, including putting a AVH-P3100DVD in my last vehicle just over a year ago ('05 F-150).

Is there any more wiring stuff I need? Tips?

I have stock Bose but not stock Nav. Not pleased with the cost of this wire harness ha.

And before someone tells me to go with the Z series, I love having a volume knob, and 6.1" is plenty of screen for me.

Thanks in advance guys!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I have both of those PAC adapters and a Z110BT screen hacked with the Z120BT firmware. Sounds like you are good to go!

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Felix, how do you like the navigation? I use nav a lot with a stand alone garmin and I feel like I will miss it, but the nav on the Pioneer looks pretty good.

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
i have the same unit in my ride as well, i use the navi alot where im at and its pretty user friendly :imo:. im pretty happy with it. good luck on the install, enjoy. :boti:

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just bit the bullet and ordered everything, plus a USB extension I can cut and splice to run to the sunglass holder in the woodgrain center console insert I just got it haha...eBay is my addiction. Well at least my paypal card will have hella reward points next month ha!

I'll be sure to get some pics up when its all done!

2007tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Felix, how do you like the navigation? I use nav a lot with a stand alone garmin and I feel like I will miss it, but the nav on the Pioneer looks pretty good.

I have had two tomtoms, pioneer avic f700 , pioneer avic z2, and currently have a pioneer z120bt all in the last year. You get used to what you have but I always liked how simple the basic pioneer nav unit over the z series b/c how simple it was and the wife got along better with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well all I need it for is to easily find my hotel when I travel for football games or when I visit relatives out in bfe...I travel somewhere though every weekend it seems and even though I know those routes like the back of my hand I still would always set my Garmin to my destination just so I could glance at it and see what my estimated arrival time was.

I'm pretty stoked about the Bluetooth of this unit though, I have an iPhone 4 but I've never done anything with Bluetooth.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pioneer is known for their good and friendly user interface but they are also known for their ****** nav. I actually like everything about the screen BUT the nav feature. I travel in my car often and use the nav all the time and it always brings me to some random ass place. I end up re-mapping on my iPhone using google maps. If you are looking for a good Nav screen, I hear the Kenwood 9980 with the built in garmin nav is the way to go.

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh well...I'll use my iPhone as a supplemental GPS and in downtown areas...I'll use the HU just to keep me from missing turns on long trips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck