Help: Do I have all parts needed for a Double Din Unit in '04 Burb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuburbanLife

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

Spent a lot of time researching the forums for peoples installs but want to double check all these items are what I need to make my double din headunit install a 100% plug ' n play setup. I spoke to Metra direct and the part numbers they gave me to make a double din work in my year vehicle are the same part numbers and Class 2 Interface listed below. Just want to double check with you guys that have done this install on your vehicles. Thanks guys! So excited to get this done in the truck for all the long highway trips.

Truck:
2004 Chevy Suburban 1500 - Non-bose. No Steering wheel buttons/controls.

1. Pioneer AVH-X490BS Double Din Bluetooth In-Dash DVD/CD/Am/FM Car Stereo Receiver with 7-Inch WVGA Display/Sirius Xm-Ready Double Din
41ugaSFdyxL.jpg

2. Metra Electronics 95-2001 Double DIN Installation Dash Kit for Select 1990-Up GM Vehicles
71RV54CtRHL._SL1500_.jpg

3. Metra LC-GMRC-01 GM Class 2 Data Bus Interface
61JS1Dj55tL._SL1500_.jpg

4. SiriusXM SXV300v1 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit for Satellite Radio
41dD4jMxK2L.jpg

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you need the class 2 data interface? My 04 suburban had factory bose and onstar but didn't run on class 2 data. I did the lux amp conversation and then the system used class 2 data. The premium amp didn't use class two. What are your rpo codes?

OP
OP
S

SuburbanLife

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why do you need the class 2 data interface? My 04 suburban had factory bose and onstar but didn't run on class 2 data. I did the lux amp conversation and then the system used class 2 data. The premium amp didn't use class two. What are your rpo codes?

That is what the company Metra said I would need to have that double din work in my vehicle. I am NON-Bose and NO OnStar.

GrimmReaper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure about the non Bose wiring requirements...but the head unit you listed on the other hand that's the same one I just installed in my Yukon and my favorite double din so far.

xDan

Reaction score
Not sure about the non Bose wiring requirements...but the head unit you listed on the other hand that's the same one I just installed in my Yukon and my favorite double din so far.

Does the bluetooth connect quickly and allow multiple connections?

GrimmReaper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine seems to connect within a min of turning the Yukon over and I've got 3 phones with 2 hooked up simultaneously

levilarsen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably a bit late to the party on this one but if you have the 3D dash meaning there's a little storage compartment under the vent right next to the stereo on the right I personally recommend buying the 2D dashes panel that fits in that slot. I used mine by setting up the spots for buttons as USBs or other ports it looks nicer then the dangling cords a lot of audio shops do it's a bit of a DIY but well worth it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk