I am about to replce my exhaust manifold gaskets... any hint/tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wade

Reaction score
Well, both my exhaust manifold gaskets are shot on my Denali at the head. I am about to do this in a few days. Any tips or tricks to this to make it easier? I have NEVER done it!

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Get a somebody with small hands to remove/install the rear bolts!!! LOL. I really had a tough time with the drivers side!! Take your time installing them, to make sure not to cross thread. I removed pipe connection to headers before removing them, not sure if it matters or not tho. You need to retighten bolts in a sequence also, and hopefully your gaskets will have instructions for that, cause I don't remember. I replaced my headers with ceramic JBAs, and just had a hella time with the rear bolts. Other then that, pretty easy job!! I also got the header exhaust end to pipes/cat connection gasket.

But they do need to be retightened in a certain sequence otherwise you can end up warping your headers.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
be careful not to break them off in heads, and get an extra set of hands to help hold it while you swap gaskets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsaget