HVAC problem: Water on driver and passenger side foot areas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drilled that out with a 5/16 8" long bit and as soon as I did water started to pour out. Once the water stopped I took a long brass pipe cleaner and ran it in until it didn't hang up any more. Hopefully that evap core isn't shot because its been sitting in water for a while now...

I'm gonna check mine out!

OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but I don't wanna wait 'til mine gets to the point yours did :oops:
Gotcha. Well, when I look at those video scope photos, that looks like rust build up. Maybe some smaller metal fragments from the evap core made there way in there and got stuck, who knows. You can get a 12" pipe brush and run it in there. A 5/16" is a snug fit, but it works well. I used brass so it wouldn't damage the tube.

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. When I got home from work this morning, I had to get something from the passenger side.. when I opened the door I noticed the floor was wet! Just the floor, not the firewall part where you rest your feet. So I came looking for advice and info. Thanks for posting, I have a direction to go, and something to look into..

ClaytonFLong

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
at the end caps of the wind shield cowl theres caps that lift up. dirt gets all clogged up under the cowl and can cause a leak at your feet on the pass side. i had a o5 work truck do this, i just hosed it out form both sides, never leaked again. there was also dirt and mud right inside them caps, was pulling it out with my fingers. said cap, pass side. https://photos.app.goo.gl/qPYhAfZ7mSpomsCL6
Where is your picture pointing at? Location?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very interesting! Putting this on my tinkering list!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645