How would I install a Aftermarket deck with Factory bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok if you dont care about the chimes and stuff, the only thing you will need to do is basically find a power, switched power, and ground
If you want I can show you exactly how I wired mine and I still have the RAP

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you pay more for the truck because it has bose. then you decide to swap amps and disable bose! lol. personally, i'll never swap bose with something else. the stock system in my Denali is was more than enough. i just added two subwoofers,a monoblock amp and a decent alpine headunit.

OP
OP

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
yea I just wanted the lt with leather so most have bose, yea man show me how u wired it please, basically yea I just want to just retain the chimes

SQNALI

Reaction score
Dunno if your still planning on doing this however, I have retained factory head unit and amplifier/door chimes/etc with the use of the JL Cleansweep. Its capable of using a high level (post amp) input and providing RCA outputs - whilst leveling the sound frequency band over volume. Check out JL's website for more info BUT its more or less a kick a$$ version of an RCA line out convertor.

What Im getting at is not using the new head units RCA's, instead tapping off post bose amp for RCA out, and if re-install of factory system was required, you would have to reconnect 4 channels (8 wires).

Last edited:

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you cant retain the chimes without buying some type of adapter, but you can retain the RAP features with just wiring

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n