How would I install a Aftermarket deck with Factory bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
Well I just sold my chevy truck 2003 model without the bose, well I have the harness to retain the chimes and stuff, well The tahoe I will get will have the factory bose in it, now I will be using external amps for all my sounds, so will I have to worry bought the bose at all, I want to just bypass it all, just run the rcas to the amps, then speaker wire to all my speakers, will this be fine or is there a special way that I have to do to cut out the bose?

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think u can just use the box to retain the chimes and rap then just run everything as planned, but im installed an aftermarket hu but im not using a harness so i will no longer have the chimes

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peripheral Electronics - GMAA, you can stack them IIRC to get Front, Rear, and NON fading Full range RCA OUTs... PLus amp turn on leads

At that point though you are better off getting a double DIN head!

you can also use a LOC after the Bose amp which is far cheaper.

OP
OP

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
well I Do have a double din a kenwood ddx-812, well I was just wondering if the bose has its own harness to the radio that I can just leave out when I put in my deck, the only wires ill need to use on the deck harness is the red accesory, ground, yellow 12v constant, illumination, and remote turn on for my amps, i wont use any speaker wire from the deck, cause my amp will run all the speakers,

AV8ter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am really interested in this too. I am helping Narco get a system in his Tahoe with stock bose and onstar.

He is going to run an aftermarket headunit(most likely Alpine single din) and a 6ch amp to run all the speakers.

So now I have some questions. Does the door chime and or onstar come through the door speakers or does it come through a separate auxiliary speaker?

He is dead set on having them still function but I don't blame him. I know people do aftermarket headunits and aftermarket amps all the time but I can't seem to find a solution/example on how to keep the chime/onstar.

joechatham69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U can find the speaker wires that go to the bose amp under the center console cup holder. Just unplug the harness at the amp and tie speaker wire into the wires that go to the speakers and run them to the four channel amp. There is no acc going to the factory hu. You will have to run ure own from the radio to the main harness under the dash. I think the wire is gonna be a fat pink wire, but i cant remember for sure. Use a meter and check. its really not as hard as it sounds.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am really interested in this too. I am helping Narco get a system in his Tahoe with stock bose and onstar.

He is going to run an aftermarket headunit(most likely Alpine single din) and a 6ch amp to run all the speakers.

So now I have some questions. Does the door chime and or onstar come through the door speakers or does it come through a separate auxiliary speaker?

He is dead set on having them still function but I don't blame him. I know people do aftermarket headunits and aftermarket amps all the time but I can't seem to find a solution/example on how to keep the chime/onstar.

I have to wait until I can get home to look up the numbers but a friend of mine that is an installer just gave me the 3 adapters I need for my 04 Yukon to change out the headunit and keep my steering wheel controls, the chimes and the BOSE/Onstar. I am going to run an aftermarket amp for all of my speakers but I still want the factory sub in the console to work.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so much easier to just run all your own wire into each door for new speakers and leave the bose harness intact,

Im keeping my factory nav, and adding a amp to the door speakers, i have bose also, Im still confused on how to do this. I have a loc for my 2 subs, and have another loc 4 i think, so i can do all my doors, but how would i go about putting a amp to them, instead of the bose?

Sorry if that sounds confusing, mine is thinking more than i can type..

thanks

OP
OP

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
Ok I think you guys are explaining how to just re-use the factory bose speakers and sub, adn just bypassin the bose amp, well I wont be using anything bose, or onstar, ill be running aftermarket speakers, with there own wire ran from the amps, I just wanted to know how would I have to install my deck, harness wise, basically i want to unplug the bose stereo, and the bose speakers to take them out so if I ever sold my hoe, all i would have to do is re install the speakers and factory deck and plug back in the bose, I just want to know if i would have to install my deck a special way, wire it a special way

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman