How to stiffen suspension/stop swaying?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are the bump stops in good shape? It’s common for those to deteriorate and that makes it feel floaty.

Clarified as the front jounce stops; they should be in good shape and in contact with the lower control arms at ride height.

OP
OP
AN292

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the bump stops in good shape? It’s common for those to deteriorate and that makes it feel floaty.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will get new shocks. Should I go Bilstein or KYB?

Also, all of my bump stops are chewed through. I will order some right now

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Check the sway bar mounting bushings and end link bushings. If they're original then probably shot.

Askold_JB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agreed with @PNW VietVet

KYB Gas-A-Just is a great choice, you probably need to replace rear coils with Z71 version, my car feels much better after replacing stock Autoride coils with Moog 81069 set.

My car also had this really annoying sway after I purchase it.
So as I replaced almost everything in steering and suspension in few days and this problem disappear - hard to say what was the main reason of that swaying, but it was more like (70-90%) front shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts