How to refill DEF in Diesel Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. As a non-diesel owner, that looks like a decent amount of DEF you filled. Where is the DEF tank? Doesn't seem like a lot of room underneath for a seemingly good-sized DEF tank?

OP
OP

100cars

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. As a non-diesel owner, that looks like a decent amount of DEF you filled. Where is the DEF tank? Doesn't seem like a lot of room underneath for a seemingly good-sized DEF tank?

I haven't crawled under there yet to see where it is exactly. I had to fill it because the dealer forgot to fill it during PDI. They are going to send me a check for what I paid for it.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I see you covered your capless fuel filler, which is not a bad idea. As a driver who frequents dirty environments, I despise those things. It’s just an invitation to get contaminants in the fuel tank. Whenever I own one, I measure the filler and get a rubber cap from the building supply store to slip over it. Plumbers use them to cover the open ends of pipes during construction.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't crawled under there yet to see where it is exactly. I had to fill it because the dealer forgot to fill it during PDI. They are going to send me a check for what I paid for it.

The DEF tank is located on the RH side inside the frame rail, the DEF filler neck runs along the fuel filler neck then across the fuel tank to the DEF tank.

OP
OP

100cars

Reaction score
I see you covered your capless fuel filler, which is not a bad idea. As a driver who frequents dirty environments, I despise those things. It’s just an invitation to get contaminants in the fuel tank. Whenever I own one, I measure the filler and get a rubber cap from the building supply store to slip over it. Plumbers use them to cover the open ends of pipes during construction.

After reading this thread I stumbled across this on Facebook lol kids are 3D printing everything now

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/960628198058192/

Great tips! Thanks! I was just doing that while I filled the DEF, but having a cap on there all the time is a fantastic idea!

The DEF tank is located on the RH side inside the frame rail, the DEF filler neck runs along the fuel filler neck then across the fuel tank to the DEF tank.

Thanks, I will look for it.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Deisel exhaust fluid
Supposed to make the exhaust "cleaner" and not as polluting. Started Around 2008, and has been nothing but issues with the systems since then. And there have been studies showing DEF does not actually provide any positive results for what it is supposed to do.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel Exhaust Fluid. Cow piss.

I used the cap off an Armorall tire shine can, cut about 1/2" off the height. Just doesn't make sense to have that fuel fill neck with the recess collecting water and dirt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt