How to: NBS master cylinder swap for firm brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Did mine just gotta bleed it. Only difference was i had to get another. I guess they swapped the fitting so i got one that was too small. Got another same size and it worked. Weird.. but yea i gotta wait to bleed it still stuffed and dont have the tools right now my dad does

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

IMAG0871_zps6ee79b94.jpg

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Feels awsome. When i usedbto tow it felt kinda sketchy now with the mc its gonna be a brreze and can run heavier:) stopping from 30mph is about a 10ft difference for me justba guestamate but seriously a good cheap uograde. i paid $3 for adapter $0 for fluid cause i had new fluid and i bought the mc several months ago so very cheap n i am very happy

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Quick input from my experience yesterday. Was haulin my 5th gen yesterday and had to brake from 75 to 0 in a couple hundred feet if that. We did it but barely. almost smacked into a semi and or taurus. If i woulda had the obs master cylinder we would have crashed.... Really recommend doing the nbs master cylinder upgrade

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did mine, we shall see how it feels towing the 7500 lb travel trailer .

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
Best mod I've done thus far thanks for the info guys

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk 2

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This should be stickied. Made my brakes so much better.

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I performed this mod on my dads 99 Tahoe and all went well. However I do have a question. The pedal is a bit spongy on top (did a quick bleed and going to the shop in a few days for a brake bleed) however it seems like it bottoms up half way thru and doesn't really go all the way to the floor like the obs master. Is this normal for the nbs master? Thoughts.

Sent from racephone

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I performed this mod on my dads 99 Tahoe and all went well. However I do have a question. The pedal is a bit spongy on top (did a quick bleed and going to the shop in a few days for a brake bleed) however it seems like it bottoms up half way thru and doesn't really go all the way to the floor like the obs master. Is this normal for the nbs master? Thoughts.

Sent from racephone

Yeah your pedal shouldn't go to the floor that's why this mod is available.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score

Sent from racephone

mine does that think it may not be too good. will replace with new one eventually tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz